Do we need a desktop or a laptop for our daily work? Or just a mobile device is enough for us now a days?
If i breakdown our main activities:
1. Email and messenger: can be done with mobile.
2. News reading: can be done with mobile.
3. Online training with YouTube and pluralsight: can be done with mobile. Pluralsight has a good app for all platforms.
4. Bill payments and banking: now a days all banks has mobile apps. This also can be done with mobile.
5. Coding: i think this is the only case we need a desktop or laptop.
6. Personal entertainment: mobile apps like YouTube, Savaan, hotstar are enough for us. This can be done with mobile.
7. Blogging, twitter and yammer: twitter and yammer both have good app for mobile. I use wordpress app for mobile also.
8. Productivity apps: Microsoft word, excel, PowerPoint and even Outlook are on mobile now and they are good (yes are not as good as desktop counterparts but those are getting better everyday).
In this mobile first world we really need a desktop or laptop anymore?
What you think?